Monday, September 13, 2010

A message from a proud mama!

Not even a week in, but I have experienced more intense emotion in this past week than I have ever felt in my life. I have a deeper love for my amazing husband, who (despite his not-so-convincing "you're doing great" coaching) has been nothing short of a terrific father, and friend. He has been so patient, helpful, and it is hard to describe the feeling when you see him with his son. He adores his little man, and is (not surprisingly) a wonderful father. Though my love for this man continues to grow on a daily basis, my love for my son is unparalleled. While Chris was impressed by the fact that I did not shed a tear through the pushing and the contracting...I realized I had been saving them up for the moment they set him in my arms. Words to describe it? There are none. I cannot imagine not having him in our lives.

Pediatrician Update:
- Maxson had his first check-up. The doctor said (note the quotations) "PERFECT!"
- No jaundice
- He has gained back all the weight he lost (so he is back up to 7lbs, 8oz)
- He was alert, but not fussy.
- He is in the 25th percentile for height and weight (small, but not tiny. and very much in proportion)
- Maxson was given the thumbs up for travel whenever we really feel comfortable. We decided that he would have his second check up (first week of October) to make sure he's still doing well at a month and then probably come up shortly after that! Columbus Day weekend perhaps? That way he still has a couple weeks after daddy leaves to continue building up a good immune system and we can have another check-up to see if he's good to go. The doctor's confidence was reassuring :)


Words from Maxson (or at least, if he could talk, I think this is what he would say about himself)

What you should know about me, or what I have figured out so far.
- Hands taste better than pacifiers.
- I like to mark territory. I have already peed on my doctor's table, my bedroom window, wall, and all over myself. I was perfectly content with squirting until I got myself...
- While I am unsure as to whether or not I love or hate hearing my mommy sing...I am definitely intrigued.
- My brother and sister look funny and have not stopped sniffing me.
- If I'm crying, there is an 85% chance that I just wanna strut around for a bit. There is a 15% chance that I have gas...
- I have discovered my tongue. It is delightful.
- I get mad if mommy tries to give me a pacifier. Who does she think she's kidding? I know she's got the good stuff.
- Daddy is scruffy and I like it.
- I love hats, and I look adorable in them.
- I hate socks or anything on my feet...
- I have discovered another fun thing down in my diaper. It is also delightful.
- I have a great sense of humor. For example, I think it is hilarious to wait until right after my parents change my diaper and then poop! Okay, I think it's funny...
- I didn't cry during any of my shots OR my circumcision. Beat that! I'm a manly man.

Well, that's all I've got. I have now been awake for two whole minutes and demand food. And I'm pretty sure I need my tenth diaper change of the day.

Here are pictures of me!
First one -- on my way to the doctor! That pacifier is almost as big as my face... but again, don't I look adorable in that hat? It's a little big for me, but still.



This is my infamous "poop face" picture. Right after my very first bath at home, I decided it was a good time to poop something fierce! I told you I was funny.
If you are reading this, you are most likely part of our "village" - so thank you so much for the support and love you have shown us. We are lucky to have such family and friends.

I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE HIS POOP FACE! His Uncle Erik makes that face sometimes. Now I know what he's doing! I'm so glad to hear about the good report card from the stork, and I love you all! Let's Skype soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! He looks just like Chris in that poop picture!

    I LOVE YOU GUYS BUNCHES AND BUNCHES! Feel like visitors!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, for all of his long distance fans, Skype is always an option. Just lets know when a good time is, and I'll have his people call your people.

    And Smash, visitors are just about always welcome, especially when he's filled his diapers with smelly presents.

    ReplyDelete